a-n.co.uk includes some material that can be accessed by all.
- Free material is identified by the link 'Read on ...'.
- The bulk of the content is reserved for subscribers and is identified by the link 'Subscribers read on ...:
- Some material is for AIR members only and these can be identified by the link 'AIR members read on ...'
If you want to subscribe to get access to the wealth of material on the site and to receive a-n Magazine go to our Subscribe »
Having trouble logging on?
- Your username and login are issued to you with your receipt sent when you subscribe. If you have lost your password use the 'Lost password' link in the user panel or go direct to Lost password »
- If you have lost both your username and password ring +44(0)300 330 0706 quoting your name and postcode
- When you are first issued a username and password they are computer generated. If you want to change these to something more memorable login and go to Join in and select the My account link in the left column.
The site contains files that can be downloaded or read on screen. Files are normally available in pdf file format and require a pdf reader to read them. MS Word and rtf files may also be used. Go to Free file readers » for links to free Word, pdf readers.
Using the artists toolkits
The toolkits are run from a different server and use different technologies from the main areas of a-n.co.uk. They use their own login system and you will therefor need to register separately in the toolkit site before you will be able to use them.
Using "unedited" functions
- The "unedited" functions enable you to contribute to the website. This includes artist's project blogs in Artists talking », reviews in Interface » and both blogs and reviews in Degrees unedited », our site for students.
- No login is required for users browsing unedited sections, however to contribute content to these sections you will need to login having registered or subscribed. Go to Subscribe or register »
- For information about subscribing to a-n go to Subscribe section »
- To subscribe go to Subscribe or renew online »
- For other problems with your subscription or for information about subscribing please ring +44(0)300 330 0706 or email email@example.com
- For information about advertising with a-n go to Advertise »
- To book an advert or for general information about advertising please ring +44(0)300 330 0706 during office hours (Monday-Thursday 9-6, Friday 9-5) or email firstname.lastname@example.org
AIR Artists' Interaction and Representation:
- For information about AIR membership and its activities go to AIR »
- AIR membership brings Public and Product Liability Insurance - for conditions and details go to AIR PPL Insurance »
- For information about our editorial practice go to Editorial policy »
- For information about other editorial matters please email email@example.com
- For further user support and FAQs Read on »
an: THE ARTISTS INFORMATION COMPANY
Company registered in England no. 1626331
Registered address: FIFTEEN Rosehill, Montgomery Way, Rosehill Estate, Carlisle CA1 2RW
First published: a-n.co.uk October 2005. Updated April 2012
Comments on this article
Post your comment
To post a comment you need to login
© the artist(s), writer(s), photographer(s) and a-n The Artists Information Company
All rights reserved.
Artists who are current subscribers to a-n may download or print this text for the limited purpose of use in their business or professional practice as artists.
Parts of this text may be reproduced either in accordance with the provisions of the Copyright Designs and Patents Act 1988 (updated) or with written permission of the publishers.